Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) – changes
Since its inception, the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) program has provided a terrific boost to businesses looking to export for the first time, something I have witnessed first-hand in a previous role.
From 1 July 2021, there are changes to the program as it moves from a reimbursement model to a grant model.
The aims of the changes are:
- To increase the funding certainty for SME exporters looking to enter the program,
- Reduce and simplify legislation
- Streamline the application process
- Provide certainty around the amount of funding to be received prior to spending it, and
- Provide a grant mechanism where a single successful application can provide funding for 2-3 years
The program will transition from the reimbursement model to the grant model during the 2021-22 financial year. during this time, both variants of the scheme will operate concurrently to allow for a smooth transition to those already in the program.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply visit: Austrade.gov.au/EMDG
To talk to someone who is an expert in exporting you can contact Wayne Murphy, Senior Export Advisor for Investment NSW, and Trade Advisor for Austrade. E: [email protected].
If you would like assistance completing grant applications, contact one of our Advisors here.