On 8 June 2018, the NSW Government announced a temporary assistance package for small to medium-sized businesses in the NSW-Victoria border region which have experienced impacts on their sales or profit margins or both as a result of the introduction of the Container Deposit Scheme.
The temporary assistance package consists of financial assistance and business advisory assistance.
The Government has asked the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) to assess applications for assistance and make recommendations to the Government on the levels of assistance to be provided to eligible businesses.
IPART will assess applications based on the following criteria set by the Government:
- The business must be a small to medium-sized, independently-owned retail business.
- The business must be adversely impacted by competition with retailers in Victoria as a result of the Container Deposit Scheme.
- It must be located within 80kms by road of the NSW-Victorian border.
- The nature of the retailer’s business means that purchase of packaged beverages (that is, multi-packs of more than six (6) containers, such as cases of soft drink and beer) is not incidental to other business activities.
- The impact on the business is significant because container beverage sales revenue from packaged beverages (that is, multi-packs of more than six (6) containers, such as cases of soft drink and beer), is a relatively large proportion of beverage sales revenue.
An application form is available by emailing email@example.com.
If you wish to apply and you think your business may meet the criteria set:
- Complete the application form
- Include the requested information, which is required to calculate any business’s financial assistance, and
- Return the form and information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2018.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your potential eligibility, email email@example.com, or contact either Brett Everett on (02) 9290 8423 or Jennifer Vincent on (02) 9290 8418 at IPART.
The second part of assistance available is through the Business Connect, a dedicated and personalised NSW Government service that provides business advice to help small and medium businesses. The locally-based advisor is Kevin Bascomb, 0402 857 041, firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is heavily subsidised and includes 4 hours of advisory services at no cost. Support includes marketing, budgeting, business planning, pricing & costing and other business matters.
Download Application form here. Please email completed forms to email@example.com
Welcome to our new website! We’re very happy that you’ve decided to visit. And check out our new logo too! How hot…I mean professional…does that look?!
You probably visited another BEC site and were automatically redirected to this new one. We’ve combined the websites from the Business Enterprise Centres at Murray Hume, Far West and Riverina Regions, so be sure to bookmark this new address – BECadvice.com.au
We still cover the same area, and our Specialists still travel to see clients like you. Here’s a map to remind you of places we have business partnerships.
Have a look at our Cool New Calendar as well. It’s home to all the information you need regarding our Skills Training and Networking Workshops.
You’ll even see individual events scattered throughout other pages of the website and on the Homepage. We thought visitors to our site would be interested in upskilling opportunities if you were looking at certain information on those pages.
Now, you can even register AND PAY for workshops you attend without even having to leave the site!
Ultimately, we’ve tried to make everything on the site easier to navigate with more valuable content. You’ll also notice prompts to Get in Touch or contact a Business Specialist throughout the site.
If you’ve worked with us before, you know that the most valuable information we have is communicated with you personally, about your specific business plans.
So, whaddaya think?! We’d love to know. Especially about the logo…niiiice!
Riverina Business Enterprise Centre has meeting and training rooms available at their Centre, 66-70 Coleman Street Wagga Wagga. For further information on training, meeting and office rooms for hire contact Joy Barlow on (02) 6024 0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ROUND 2 – The Murray Darling Basic Regional Economic Diversification Program has funding available from the Australia Government to assist economic development projects that support the economic base of New South Wales regional communities that are most likely to be affected by the implementation of the Murray Darling Basin Plan.