About BEC Business Advice
BEC Business Advice is a not-for-profit organisation that has been part of the Business Enterprise Centre (BEC) network since the 1980’s.
Over the past 25 or so years, our sole purpose has been to deliver business advice, education, training, consultation, and assistance to business owners and their representatives across our region.
The strength in what we have to offer is the ability to draw upon a network of experienced, local business people to deliver individually tailored advice to each business we work with.
All of our services are eitehr fully or partially subsidised by the State and Federal Governments. This means they are delivered to business owners either free or at greatly subsidised (reduced) rates.
Services are delivered by our accredited Business Advisors or at times by 3rd parties whom we work with.
Our expertice draws upon a range of experiences from a range of business specialities including but not limited to:
- Business strategy, planning & problem solving (start-up/intender, growth, maturity, selling or exiting)
- Financial planning (cashflow, budgeting, etc)
- Marketing (planning, digital marketing, strategy, etc)
- Technical (software, point-of-sale (POS), websites, E-commerce, other tools)
- Human resources (HR)
- Information technology (IT)
- and more
Our Business Advisors
Our Business Advisors deliver services to businesses under 1 of 2 Government initiatives (Business Connect or ASBAS Digital Solutions) and as such have all been accredited under those programs to deliver this advice.
- Our Business Connect (NSW State Government) accredited advisors deliver general business advice across most common areas of business.
- Our Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions advisors deliver advice on anything digitally related.
Our digital expertise and advice covers areas like:
- Websites and selling online (Ecommerce)
- Choosing and using software within your business
- Data security and privacy
- Social media and digital (online) marketing
We also have advisors in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the New Employment Incentive Scheme (NEIS) programs.
Where are we located and what areas do we service?
Our Head Office is based in Albury/Wodonga, and we also have offices and a significant business advisor presence in Wagga Wagga. In addition, we have satellite offices in Leeton and Griffith.
We cover the region across southern and western NSW which encompasses the Riverina, Murray, Snowies and Far West regions.
Board and Management
Being a not-for-profit organisation we are governed by an active Board and led by our Albury-based CEO, John Elgin.
|Klaus Baumgartel||Business Management, Governance, Industry||2020|
|Timothy Clune||Corporate Governance, Agriculture, Academia||2019|
|Jim Doig||Property Management, Small Business||2018|
|John Elgin (CEO)||Management, Agriculture||2017|
|Lindsay Hanchett||Education, Accounting||2017|
|Wayne Nagle||Finance, Banking||2017|
|Chris Reid||Management, Agriculture||2017|
|Sarah Wardman||Leadership, Risk Management/Insurance, Women in Business||2021|
|Graeme Sayer||Accounting, Management||2017|
Stay up to date
Click here to view the latest news from BEC Business Advice.
Dont forgot to use our Subscribe function in thei sidebar to receive our weekly updates straight to your inbox.