$1500 Small Business Rebate Scheme – find out more
- $1500 rebate available to small businesses in NSW (will increase by $500 to $2000, timing TBA)
- Can be used to help cover the cost of NSW Government and NSW Local Government fees and charges
- Use our free business advice service to help answer any questions or work through the process
Available from 1 April 2021, the Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate has been made available to small businesses to claim back up to $1500 of NSW Government and/or Local Government fees and charges incurred by the business.
The rebate is open from 1 April 2021 and ends on 30 June 2022.
Eligible fees are those charged to the business from 1 March 2021. The fees must be paid by the business before claiming the rebate for the fee.
Businesses only need to apply for the rebate once, but can then submit multiple claims until the $1500 cap has been reached.
Definition of small business
For the purpose of this rebate, the definition of small business is any business that:
- has a total wages bill below the new 2020-21 $1.2 million payroll tax threshold, and
- has a turnover of at least $75,000 per year (a declaration of this will be required at time of application)
Additional eligibility criteria include:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW
- be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
Types of eligible small businesses
- Sole traders
- Owners of small businesses
- Not-for-profit organisations
Eligible fee examples
Examples of fees that are eligible for the rebate (as provided by the NSW Government Small Business Commissioner) include but are not limited to:
- liquor licences,
- food authority licences,
- tradesperson licences
- event fees
- council rates, and
- outdoor seating fees
How to apply
To learn more about the rebate, or to apply, please visit the Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate page on the Service NSW website.
If you require assistance with this or other Government initiatives, please contact one of our advisors to utilise our free services offered across the Riverina, Murray, Far West & Snowies regions of southern and western NSW.
View other Grants
To view other Grants currently available, click here.